Strength In Your Time Of Need
The team at Brown & Chessa, LLP is equipped and qualified to stand beside you and support you at this time in your life. Our team of experienced attorneys and paraprofessionals develop solutions to best help our clients through all types of domestic relations matters across the New York City Area. We have the knowledge and experience to develop complete solutions for clients who are dealing with the breakdown of familial relationships. If you are looking for a family lawyer call Brown & Chessa, LLP.
We focus on creating tailored solutions to achieve the individual objectives of each client. These strategies can involve the use of alternative dispute resolution methods — including mediation, arbitration and cooperative techniques. At other times, the strategy may require the litigation experience that the attorneys at Brown & Chessa, LLP have earned through years of experience litigating in New York City courtrooms. Come to us to help you obtain the best possible outcomes in your family law disputes on such crucial issues as:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Allocation of assets
- Division of the marital home
- Legal separation
- Property division
- Probate proceedings
- Family law proceedings
- Divorce Appeals
- Modification of spousal and child support orders
- Enforcement of divorce decrees
We Help New York City Families Move Forward Every Day
At Brown & Chessa, LLP we know that every family law case is completely different. When you choose an attorney at our law firm, you will be represented by an experienced and caring family law attorney. Family law often addresses the issues that families face when there is a divorce or unmarried parents separate. The concerns that are often raised are:
- Who makes decisions for the minor children? (custody)
- Who supports my child and what expenses does child support cover? (child support)
- Am I entitled to support from my spouse? (alimony)
- Who remains in the marital home? (exclusive possession)
- How much time does each child spend in each parent’s home? (parenting schedule)
- Who pays for college? (post secondary educational expense statute)
- Am I entitled to share in my spouse’s military pension? (MPDO)
- Who pays the bills while we are negotiating the divorce? (temporary support)
- How do I share in my spouse’s retirement benefits without triggering taxes? (QDRO)
- Am I or my children entitled to receive medical insurance from my spouse’s employer? (Medical insurance and COBRA)
The approach that we use to protect your interests and achieve your goals will be customized to the details of your case. Does it make sense to negotiate? Is litigation the best course of action? In certain family cases a court hearing or trial is necessary. We provide our clients with the guidance, experience and expertise to litigate when family law cases require it.
At Brown & Chessa, LLP we fully understand that the relationship we establish with our clients is one of the most important factors in their comfort level when faced with stressful and often adversarial situations in their life. We will carefully explain to you all your options as well as consequences. When you are faced with difficult decisions, we will assist you in making the right choices for you and your family members.
To get started down the road to a brighter future today, contact our law office immediately. We can be reached at 718-596-0025 or by contacting us online.